Now Open: Speak Low, Shanghai2014

http://www.drinkmagazine.asia/2014/07/28/now-open-speak-low-shanghai/


A handsome, new split-level speakeasy has opened in Shanghai. Japanese bartender of Angel’s Share, New York, Shingo Gokan explains the concept.
“Why did I open a bar in Shanghai? It’s quite simple, actually. I’m someone that follows my feelings. One day, in New York, I thought, ‘If I’m ever going to open a bar, it’s going to be in Shanghai’. Even though I’d never been here before. I had the same kind of impulse before I moved to New York in 2006. So now, with the help of co-founder Gordon Zhang, the dream is reality. An important part of my career has developed at Angel’s Share, so it’s natural that my own first bar follows a similar concept. But I didn’t just want to do another paean to Prohibition. So it’s a kind of “triple-tier” speakeasy – three different bars set over different floors. Imagine each level as economy, business and first class.

コメント

人気の投稿